Nokia 2 specifications review
Nokia 2 is the latest business phone from HMD Global. Introduced in November, this device has many great features that make it one of the best cheap smartphones you can buy in Kenya. One of the key selling points of the Nokia 2 is its long battery life.
It comes with a 4100 mAh battery that can power it up to two days. HMD Global says everything that was used to make this phone was specifically designed to consume as little energy as possible. On this page, you will find the Nokia 2 Kenya price, specifications and everything else you need to know.
Nokia 2 Design and Display
This phone comes with a bright 5.0-inch screen with a good contrast ratio. This screen is better than the screens you get on most cell phones in its price range. Also, the screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This is something you will not get on most budget phones.
The Nokia 2 has an aluminum frame and a polycarbonate back. The finish and the size of the back make it very easy to hold and use the phone with one hand.
In general, this smartphone is an attractive, economical phone.
- Display type: LPTS – IPS LCD capacitive
- Display size: 5.0 inches (67.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen resolution: 720 pixels by 1280 pixels
- Screen protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) January 27, 2018
Hardware, software and performance
This smartphone is ready for use with Android v7.1.1 (Nougat). Like other Nokia smartphones released this year, this phone promises a pure Android experience. In addition, HMD promises that the Nokia 2 will soon receive an update from Android v8.0 Oreo.
This smartphone has modest performance data on paper. It is powered by Qualcomm’s MSM8909v2 Snapdragon 212 CPU, which is compatible with 1GB of RAM. Well, you should run all the basic applications without any problems, especially because no third-party application is preinstalled.
- The 8 GB of storage space provided by this smartphone may not be enough. To make matters worse, the Android system needs about 3GB, leaving the user about 5GB left. Fortunately, this smartphone is equipped with a dedicated micro SD slot. If you need more storage space, you can use this slot to expand your storage up to 128 GB. Operating System: Android v7.1.1 Nougat-planned upgrade to v8.0 Oreo
- CPU: 1.3GHz Quad-core Cortex-A57
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8909v2 Snapdragon 212
- GPU: Adreno 304
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB, microSD up to 128GB
This mobile phone has a camera profile that corresponds to a budget phone. The 8-megapixel rearview camera and the 5-megapixel front camera can take photos in decent quality. This rear camera can record 720p video.
- Back: 8 megapixels, LED flash, autofocus, Geo-tagging, touch-focus, 720@30fps video
- Front: 5 megapixels
Battery life is the main selling point of this phone. It is impressive that the company has succeeded in introducing a 4100 mAh battery into the Nokia 2. The large battery, small screen and efficient operation of the power supply allow this phone to wait up to two days after purchase for full recharge. Unfortunately, the Nokia 2 is not compatible with a fast charge.
- Type: Li-Ion, non-removable
- Capacity: 4100mAh
Nokia 2 Pro and Cons
- Good design and build quality
- Gorilla Glass 3 screen protector
- Long battery life
- No fast charging
- 8 GB of space is not enough. Fortunately, there is a dedicated microSD slot that supports cards up to 128GB.