You can now use KPLC PayBill number to pay your prepaid and postpaid electricity bills in Kenya. Kenya Power and Lighting Company customers can use the 888880 KPLC PayBill number to purchase electricity tokens for their Kenya power prepaid meters.
Since the majority of Kenya’s more than 2.6 million power consumers depend on KPLC’s power, paying for the KPLC bill is fast, secure and convenient using your mobile phone. It is also cheaper because the only costs are the Mpesa PayBill charges.
KPLC operates and owns most of Kenya’s electricity transmission and distribution network.
To ensure sufficient transmission and power consumption, KPLC recommends that KPLC prepaid meters use the KPLC M-Pesa PayBill number when paying for electricity tokens. KPLC customers can also use their mobile phone for KPLC billing requests.
You will need to learn how to conveniently pay the KPLC bill using the Kenya Power Mpesa PayBill. Most new buildings, especially rental properties in large cities, use KPLC prepaid meters. To use the KPLC bill number for the KPLC prepaid utility meter number:
How to Pay Electricity bill Using KPLC PayBill Number
- On Safaricom menu select M-PESA.
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA and select PayBill
- The prepaid KPLC PayBill number is 888880.
- Then enter your full prepaid KPLC meter number.
- Next, the amount between 100 Ksh and 35 000 Ksh. Enter the amount and press OK
- M-PESA will ask for your M-Pesa PIN. Enter your PIN
- Make sure you have entered the correct information, including the amount, the invoice number, and your Kenya Power account number.
Then press OK to send and complete the M-PESA transaction.
- You will receive a transaction confirmation SMS from M-PESA. Then wait for KPLC to complete the transaction after a few minutes, you will receive a text message from KPLC containing:
- The amount you paid and the date of payment.
- The total number of power tokens you have received.
You will get a unique code that consists of numbers only and usually consists of 20 digits. This is the code you enter into your Kenya power prepaid meter (and then press the OK key on the counter (usually the blue/green key). The prepaid meter will be updated immediately. It’s so easy to pay the KPLC bill with KPLC’s M-Pesa paybill number for prepaid KPLC counters.