With M-Pesa Paybill numbers, you can easily pay utility bills. Using Equity bank PayBill allows you to deposit money into your Equity account straight from your Mpesa account within seconds. Equity Bank is one of Kenya’s leading banks in the country.
As with all M-Pesa services you can use Equity bank PayBill and transfer money wherever you are either from your car or office. You can then pay your bills from your bank account. These bills include tuition, duties and excise duties and even NHIF contributions under the new NHIF rates.
You can also use your Equitel-simcard to pay bills with Equitel Kenya and My Money. These include Bill KPLC, GOtv and StarTimes. You can buy airtime and payment / internet data from your Equity Bank account. This is done via the SIM card from Equitel.
How to use Equity bank PayBill to Deposit Money to Your Equity Bank Account
It is more convenient than waiting in the bank. It also benefits from the low positions of Mpesa. Paying bills from your Equity Bank account is also cheaper because of Equitel’s low fees: Use the Equity Bank account number for Mpesa accounts with the Equity Bank
- From the Safaricom menu on your phone, select Mpesa.
- Then choose Lipa na M-PESA.
- Choose to PayBill option.
- M-Pesa requests the business number. Enter 247247,
- Enter your equity bank account number or account number to which you wish to transfer funds from Mpesa.
- Then enter the amount to be transferred by Mpesa to the capital account entered in step 4.
- M-Pesa asks for your M-Pesa PIN. Enter your M-Pesa PIN
- Verify that you have entered the correct data. It is very important that you do not skip this step.
- Make sure the information you enter is correct. Press OK to send.
- You will shortly receive an SMS confirmation from Safaricom M-Pesa transaction.
- Five Cheap Smartphones in Kenya- Under Ksh. 30, 000